ALGISITE M Calcium alginate wound dressing forms a soft, gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate. It helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management.
- Easy to remove.
- Fast gelling, high mannuronic acid fibers.
- Low fiber shed.
- High wet and dry strength.
- Very soft and conformable, allowing it to be molded, folded or cut to meet a wide range of wound shapes and sizes, as the fibers gel, an even more intimate contact with the wound is produced and maintained.
- Moist wound environment: Helps prevent eschar formation and promotes an optimal moist wound environment, allows wound contraction to occur, which may help reduce scarring and also allows gaseous exchange necessary for a healthy wound bed.
- Highly absorbent: Can absorb thirteen times its own weight in exudate, this allows the dressing to remain in the wound for up to seven days, depending on the nature of the wound and the volume of exudate.
- Covered when used on full-thickness wounds with moderate to heavy exudate, inappropriate to combine with hydrogel.
- Rectangle shape.
- Indications: For OTC applications, it may be used for the management of minor conditions such as lacerations, abrasions, skin tears, minor burns.
- Under the care of a healthcare professional, it may be used for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including: Leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds.
- Precautions: Ensure the packing in cavities, sinuses has been removed, it may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds. If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with saline, then remove, do not use on patients with a known allergy to alginates.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.